I came to the conclusion that I had to speak to somebody about being all bouncy and enthusiastic after the following occurred:
WeeGee wakes up early and thinks I LOVE waking up early
WeeGee looks in the mirror and thinks I LOVE my haircut
WeeGee picks Gryff up and thinks I LOVE Gryff
WeeGee turns the radio on and thinks I LOVE this song
WeeGee switches the kettle on and thinks…… I LOVE MY KETTLE.
I mean, don’t get me wrong, it’s a nice enough kettle, but that’s really not the point.
I’m fairly confident that the flat and empties are on their way out of my life for a little while which means that the chemicals in my brain are swimming around in the right places in the right quantities. That’s the good part. The bad part is that my brain has been flat and empty for more than two years now and it doesn’t really know what’s hit it. In response broken brain has decided that it’s invincible and that it LOVES everything which is a) exhausting and b) a bit dangerous. It’s dangerous because the last time my brain was like that I did a number of monumentally stupid things, the consequences of which I’m still dealing with now.
I spoke to Mr Wise about what was going on, on account of him being all wise about matters concerning WeeGee’s wonky brain. Here’s what we decided:
- I’m a little bit over excited and suggestible at the moment
- I’m aware that I’m a little bit over excited and suggestible at the moment
- The fact that I’m aware that I’m a little bit over excited and suggestible at the moment is a good thing because it means I’ve got the wherewithal to know that buying a brand new Audi on Hire Purchase probably isn’t a good idea right now
Actually here’s another thing I know – being a bit excited at the moment isn’t an entirely bad thing because it is partly in response to exciting things happening. That’s perfectly normal – my only difficulty is that the mentals are magnifying things a little bit.
Finally here’s the most important thing I know – eventually all this bounding around filled full of enthusiasm is going to settle down and that’s going to mean that I’m getting towards the end of the road to recovery. My aim for the time between now and settling down is to make sure that I don’t do anything monumentally stupid and (go me) I have a little plan.
Here’s what WeeGee is going to do:
- Continue to take her meds until such a time that Mr Clever says otherwise
- Contact Mr Clever’s office if she thinks she’s going to rate a day as better than ten out of ten
- Consult with Mr Wise before making any purchases or financial decisions
- Avoid alcohol completely
- Be careful with caffeine and sugar
- Not get a tattoo
- Not dye her hair any colour but especially not a colour involving the word neon
- Not buy a brand new Audi* on Hire Purchase
Anyway – I’m feeling rather pleased with myself at the moment because I saw something coming down the tracks and I didn’t wait to see what happened when it hit me – I had a bit of insight and took some positive action and you can’t say fairer than that
Lots of love, hugs and bouncing around from WeeGee xxxxx
*I don’t know where the obsession with owning an Audi comes from because a) I don’t care about cars and b) I can’t drive……