I’m in a funny old mood today, so rather than inflicting it on you lot, I thought I’d take my mind off it by writing an awards post. I like blogging awards – I think they’re a nice little token of mutual respect, and I enjoy answering the questions (and reading the answers) that come with them.
The Daisy Award
* Thank the person who nominated you
I was nominated by Angel Fractured so…. thank you very much Angel Fractured. Angel fractured keeps not just one, but two lovely blogs and you should probably visit them both if you’re not already familiar.
* Tell your readers 7 unusual things about yourself
- I have never seen any of the films from the Star Wars or Alien franchises and I have now reached a point in my life when I never will because saying I’ve never seen them is surely far more interesting than sitting and watching them?
- I experience mental health problems which is only a little bit unusual since such problems affect one on four of us. (Probably more if you are reading my blog!) The thing is, some people still seem to think that a mental health problem marks you out as different and weird, which clearly, it doesn’t.
- I suffer from psoriasis which in itself is only a bit rarer than being mental. However, the kind of psoriasis I have is an awful lot rarer than being mental – so much so that a dermatologist is writing a whole paper about the behaviour of my strange skin as we speak….. Fame at last.
- I speak with three distinct accents depending on who I’m talking to or on my mood:
- Plummy southern: It is allllriaght, isn’t it daarling?
- Midland: its awwwright, int’ it duck?
- Glaswegian: it’s awrit init pal?
- In my life I have never started reading a book and not finished it with only two notable exceptions:
- The Mill on the Floss
- The Shipping News
- I can’t do jigsaw puzzles. My brain just won’t work that way.
- I can do an uncanny impression of Gollum from the Lord of the Rings films…. it gives grown men the heebie-jeebies.
* Nominate some worthy bloggers
I’d like to nominate two bloggers who are both, like me, quite new to this whole blogging thing. Both blogs are interesting, engaging and (I hope they won’t mind me saying because I mean it in a kind way) are about being mental amongst other things:
And then I’d like to make a special Daisy award to Brandic at Nothinginmynoggin because I love her blog, because I want to and because I can:
“Dear Brandic, ‘Chin up chumley’ (ps that’s a very British saying), Love from WeeGee xx”
The Inspirational Blogger Award
The very inspirational and very lovely Roxy at AdverseUniverse put me forward for this one. If you don’t already follow Roxy – seriously, why not? She’s very lovely and very inspirational and she’s incredibly brave to boot. Thanks lovely (I promise not to swear in my acceptance speech)
The nice thing about the Inspirational Blogger Award is that there don’t seem to be any rules, so you can just make them up as you go along. I’m good at winging it so this one is right up my street 🙂
First up I’m going to nominate three inspirational blogs:
- The Quiet Borderline: The Quiet Borderline is amazing. It doesn’t seem to matter how difficult things get for her, she manages to write beautiful and insightful posts and she just seems to keep keeping on in the face of adversity. She truly is an inspiration.
- Magically Mad: Magically Mad is also amazing. She says the kindest things which help you through your bleakest of moments, even though things are pretty bleak for her. She’s one of life’s all round good eggs.
- Hello Sailor: It must get boring for Sailor getting nominated for so many awards, but I don’t think she realises just how special she is, so I’m chucking this one at her too in the hope she will eventually realise it. Her blog is absolutely beautiful and she is a huge source of inspiration for me, and I imagine, countless others.
In celebration of this award, I thought I’d post a couple of photos of my cat (the best cat in the world). Well you know? There are no rules and I am a mad cat lady when it comes down to it.
The best cat in the world (ps. sorry they’re all different sizes and rubbish quality, I’m not much of a photographer and they were all taken with differnt phones):