Before I go any further I HAVE to share this song with you because it is GORGEOUS and it’s also the best cover version in the whole world EVER:
BRILLIANT in’t it?
Sorry I didn’t post yesterday. It was Mrs Mountain day and I had an awful lot of thinking to do. Plus I had my (now daily) chit chat with Mr Magic to fit in which was sweet and awesome and a nice way to spend my evening. Mrs Mountain and I spent a lot of time talking about why I had pressed the self-sabotage button and gone a bit weird about food. There wasn’t really a conclusion but the most plausible theory was that I was happy and generally enjoying things but broken brain had decided that I didn’t deserve any of that on account of me being all rubbish and pointless and what not. By the way, project fatten up WeeGee is coming along okay but it’s really hard work and every so often I feel like bursting into tears. I’m ploughing on through it, and I’ve made plans to eat with people for every meal over the weekend because it’s difficult to be weird about eating when you’re eating with people. The only other thing to note is that if I see another sachet of complan in my life I swear to god I’m going to SCREAM.
I’ve been compiling a little list of all the awesome things about Mr Magic and it’s getting quite long now so I thought I would share it:
- He is a magician*
- He swears more than I do**
- He phones me every night just to say hi***
- He phoned me first thing this morning just to say hi****
- He says brolly instead of umbrella*****
- He just comes right out and says what he thinks******
- He is best friends with the guitarist from the Real People*******
- He understands that WeeGee is vulnerable and a) knows when to back off, b) knows when not to back of and c) has already realised that if you want to bring WeeGee back to herself when she’s having a moment you just have to tell her the truth and then make her laugh********
As for all the awesome things about Mr Grammar Geek? I won’t do a list because I can sum it up in one word: intrigue. He’s interested in all kinds of things I’m not interested in (yet) and that’s very interesting to WeeGee. I also have a sneaking suspicion that he’s hiding in a little bit of a shell and that is also interesting. Oh – and he plays the trumpet. Actually I forgot the best bit: he’s French and I’m pretty confident that he’d sound pretty damn sexy reading my shopping list out loud. Sigh….
What next….. How about a little musical interlude?
That there is the other contender for the best cover version in the whole world EVER. Listen to it all the way through and you’ll think you’re going die of awesomeness when you hear how Frank’s voice cracks with bitterness and spite at the end. I love Frank Turner so much that I’d definitely marry him if he asked even though I don’t really understand why people get married.
Work has been brilliant this week – I’ve been reminded that not only do I love my job I also love the people I work with and I know that means I am a very lucky girl indeed. Here are some of the brilliant things that have happened in the office this week:
- I learned that those things surveyors survey stuff with are called ‘theodolites’ which means that I’ll be able to show off and say ‘that’s a theodolite’ the next time I see one
- Mrs Bossy told the story of the time a mini tornando went down her street and a child’s sandpit landed in her garden and WeeGee thought if that was my story it would be the first thing I would tell people when I met them
- Mrs Bossy told the story of the time her back went when she was naked in the kitchen and WeeGee thought a) if that was my story it would be the last thing I would tell people and b) that she must remember never to go into her kitchen naked again ;-P
- Mr Hilarious kept going on about how huge the chocolate cake in the café was so WeeGee went down to see it and when the guy asked her what she would like she was forced to say ‘Nothing, I just came to look at the cake’ and felt like a bit of a chump
- WeeGee accidently wrote ‘lots of love’ in a retirement card which disappointed her because it took the edge off some excellent sarcasm
- WeeGee accidentally said ‘thanks for that lovely’ at the end of a telephone call with Mr I’m Quite Handsome and everyone in the office teased her so much she actually blushed
- WeeGee didn’t tell the rest of the office that Mr I’m Quite Handsome replied ‘No worries sweetheart….. my pleasure’ because she wanted to keep that bit to herself
Today has been one of my favourite Fridays in the world EVER because Project Rubbish is now signed off and officially off my desk and if things start falling over it’ll be nothing to do with me. This made me happy and bouncy and hilarious which was cool but then it rubbed on everyone else and it all got a bit hysterical and WeeGee had to leave the room to compose herself. I’ve reached that point in the day where I’ve written my to do list for next week and don’t want to start anything new but it’s too early to respectfully leave so I’m blogging and gossiping with you instead of gossiping with Mr Hilarious. Speaking of Mr Hilarious – here’s another reason he’s AWESOME: when WeeGee’s purse breaks and she has an emergency super glue required moment he has some emergency super glue at the bottom of one of his drawers.
Meanwhile in other news I am going to the pub after work and intend to eat, drink and be merry. Nothing else to report today save is it nearly wine o’clock yet?
*You don’t have to know very much about WeeGee to understand why that impresses her
**In a comedy fashion – he’s not at all uncouth
***And this doesn’t make me feel at all crowded or overwhelmed which is a good sign
****Because he ‘wanted to wake up with me’ and instead of being a bit creepy it was incredibly sweet
*****My friends laugh at me when I say brolly because it ‘makes me sound like an old person’
******My favourite kind of person because people like that tend not to tell lies
*******I’m guessing I’m one of only a small number of people who will find this impressive
********I don’t actually have an aside for this one but I had to keep up the pattern and I’ve now officially smashed my own blogging asterisk world record
13 thoughts on “Everything is all BRILLIANT and stuff”
Goodness me that is a LOT of asterisks!! :O And happy that you’re happy 😀 xxx
Happy is AWESOME xoxoxox
ahaha naked in the kitchen..bad back! so funny! very interesting about Mr. Handsome.. brally?? never heard that one before grandma 😉
lotsa love xo
I know – hilarious isn’t it – they had to get an ambulance out and everything (she was mostly dressed by the time it arrived! Love back xoxoxox
oh no that’s even funniner in tonnes of pain but found a way to mostly get dressed…don’t we all do that kind of thing before a trip to the docs or hospital?! lol
Congrats on the very good week. 🙂
Thanks lovely xoxox
thanks for that wee gee, lovely blog, very fridayish and thanks for frank, a revelation! ps he’s cute!
You’re very welcome 🙂 Frank is AWESOME and I agree he’s cute too!
I do like Frank Turner’s cover – it gives the song a different voice and, in my opinion, makes it more realistic and believable.
I know – it’s brilliant isn’t it. Makes my heart hurt every time xx
yo weegee i nominated you for a special award but you slacking in the reading of my blog posts and have missed it check again sweetie 😀 ps mr handsome had better be me or else :p
Sorry Mr Antlers – to be fair I’ve been slacking at reading all the lovely blogs recently – I need a better system!
I’ll take another look 😀